Need a ride? We can help. Whether to a doctor’s appointment, or transport to a government facility, our transportation services are available to assist those with limited capabilities.
Who receives disabled transportation?
- Individual must provide proof of disability to qualify for this program.
- Transportation is provided by appointment, which can be made up to 3 months in advance, but at the latest 3 days in advance to guarantee availability.
- We will accept appointments no later than 12 noon the day before service is requested if schedule allows.
- TCOA provides curbside transportation service.
- An escort is required for all clients who are unable to travel alone.
- Suggested donation $1 per passenger per trip.
For more information or to book an appointment, please call (985) 868-7701.
For more information on this service, the brochure and policy are available below.
- Transportation Brochure
- TCOA Summary of Services Brochure
- TCOA Transportation-Policies and Procedures
Did You Know?
The Terrebonne Council on Aging transports hundreds of people annually on its buses, more than 7,800 one-way trips were provided to disabled individuals last year alone to medical appointments and government facilities, pharmacy and grocery stores. On a typical day, the buses log nearly 2,000+ miles transporting people and delivering hot meals to seniors’ homes.