Everyone gets in a financial bind every once in a while and none are more at risk for that happening than an elder living on a fixed income. A well-planned budget can be thrown in disarray by something as simple as a brutally hot July and the larger than usual utility bill that can result. Our utility assistance program is designed to help out when such a predicament arises.
Who receives utility assistance?
Qualified candidates must:
- Be 60 or older.
- Be a Terrebonne Parish Resident.
- Meet income guidelines.
- Provide required documentation.
- Have bill listed in the applicant’s name.
- Assistance is limited to $150 a year.
- Availability depending on funding received.
For more information on this service, the brochure is available here.
Did You Know?
The suggested contribution of $1.00 on your SLECA or City of Houma bill helps to fund the Terrebonne Council on Aging’s utility assistance program.