Need a ride? We can help. Whether to a doctor’s appointment or to a government facility, pharmacy or grocery store, our transportation services are available to assist those in need.
Who receives elderly transportation?
- Individual must be 60 years and older to qualify for services.
- Transportation is provided by appointment, which can be made up to 3 months in advance, but at the latest 3 days in advance to guarantee availability.
- We will accept appointments no later than 12 noon the day before service is requested if schedule allows.
- TCOA provides curbside transportation service.
- An escort is required for all clients who are unable to travel alone.
- Suggested donation $1 per passenger per trip.
For more information or to book an appointment, please call (985) 868-7701.
For more information on this service, the brochure is available here.
Did You Know?
The Terrebonne Council on Aging transports hundreds of elders annually on its buses, more than 44,000 one-way trips last year alone to medical appointments and government facilities, pharmacies or grocery stores. On a typical day, the buses log nearly 2,000+ miles transporting people and delivering hot meals to seniors’ homes.